Wednesday, March 31, 2010

TEasy Mod Project, Part 3

Okay, I lied. After reviewing the pictures I had up, I saw a few things that didn't sit well, so I re-did the layout one last time, ran my DRC, re-reviewed the layout. Now it's been sent in for production! I was sweating bullets clicking the "submit files" button. I swear this has gotta be the scariest 100 bucks I've ever spent, and I have no idea why, lol.

Anywho, here's the final layout, hopefully the drill holes work out and it everything passes the checks that the engineers at the fab house do.



Taking 1 step forward and 2 steps back tends to be the way I work, but so far...using that method 90% of the projects I've ever worked on have succeeded on the first try. I hope like hell this follows suit. I design this way because of something my professor always said, "If you're a good engineer, it should work on the first try." I try to follow that expression very closely, this project is no exception.

3 comments:

  1. ups remind me about some (all) of my projects LOL :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Could you tell us when will this be available ? At what price ? Delivered outside of the US ? Is it really solderless and easy to set up ?

    Thanks so much, it looks great !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Honestly, no idea when exactly it'll be available. I have a lot of kinks to work out. Right now my goal is to have a 100% working version before EVO.

    Outside of the US? I suppose, no idea how much though since I've never dealt with it.

    Easy to use? ideally yes, no external hardware is required to install my board, just a screw driver to unscrew/screw the stock machine screws that are already in there. Yes, it's a completely solderless breakout for the TE/SE.

    As for price? I dunno yet, there's a lot of factors yet accounted for, but I'm shooting for 25-30 + shipping.

    Thanks for the comment, good to know there's interest in my work!

    ReplyDelete